Monday, September 24, 2012

The break is over.

Many moons ago, I wrote of the bicycle break-up I had with my bike.
Short version- My brakes failed and I took a spill down a hill.
Well, since moving to DC I have had to suck it up and get right back on a bike. I've put more miles on my bike since moving here than I think I ever put on it since owning it. For real.
In addition to my own bike, I am also enjoying the Capitol Bikeshare system here. You rent a bike in one location and drop it off in another...super cool!
Creating routes and figuring out unmarked trails, I have become one with my bike again.
And I like it!
Saturday, I took a time out from and took a ride down to the grocery store to snag a few items. I took a backpack and wore my helmet.
And kept a close eye on the clouds coming in...
It helped me remember how fun it is to be on a bike-- riding fast, wind rushing past your ears!
I get a little worried about the cars coming by, but what are you going to do.
And it gives me a first hand view of the neighborhood I live in.
Some shots from my day--
Love that FedEx is so diverse!
Well, hello Mr. Washington.
Yes, let's!



One of the many, many steeples along 16th Street NW

End of summer concert right next door!

No comments:

Post a Comment