Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day One.

the pods have arrived.
I sound like some sci-fi chica. Sadly, that is not the case. I am referring to the moving pods.
In my opinion, the best way ever to move!
They arrived today in Miss Piggy style (3-Day reference for those who get it). Delivered in a gigantic semi trailer and removed by a small forklift. The driver was sweet man, He reminded me a little bit of my dad. The space the pods are placed is slightly uneven, so Warren (my ABF buddy), placed rocks underneath to make it as safe as possible for me to load them. (I hired movers, but they need to be safe too!).
So, two huge ABF cubes are redy and waiting for all my stuff.
The boxes are packed. My things are ready to go. My stuff is staged for it's final destinations.
I packed for this week.
I packed for next week.
I packed for the next month and fancy meetings.
I will sleep over with my two favorite Seattle pals this week and then head to DC for some house-hunting and some event learning between Friday and June 4.
I'll come back to Seattle (hopefully with a new place to call home) and get ready to roll east!
I am not as overwhelemed today. It's like a Friday of an event. There's still three more days of an event, but the first day is complete, so you can breathe a little easier. There might be a storm in the forecast, but you know you've done everything you can to make it all work.
That's how I feel.
I have done everything I can to make sure things go smoothly. I have handled anything I can that is within my control. Now it's up to the Universe. And mostly out of my control.
And I can breathe a little more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment