Wednesday, May 30, 2012

House-warming or heart-warming?

So, as E and I were discussing my new place (before it was officially offical), she mentioned that she and L were discussing what they should get me as a house warming gift. Not sure what was discussed, but the story that was shared was the suggested gift was to be a "pack n' play". E laughed, and I shared in her laughter, but I also had some tears come to my eyes. They were, of course,  tears of joy.
A pack n' play means regular time with my munchkins and more precious time with my favorite cousin/friend and her lou-lou.
I was with them for the weekend and just had such a lovely time. It warms my heart to know they will be so close and will be part of my regular life. Each time I think about it, I have a happy feeling in my heart. As we've been together, I realized just how awesome it is going to be to be part of this special family's regular lives.
I'm excited to have them come to my house for naps during DC adventures and excited to see their new addition on the very day that she arrives. I'm excited to host sleepovers with the little ones when the grown-ups just need a night out and super pleased to be able to attend a soccer game or recital (when that time comes). I am happy to have them integrated into my life here in DC.
Though there's much I am excited about this new place, having them here is a big huge incredible bonus.
I was stoked to call Seattle home. It felt right almost instantly. But I think this new chapter is going to be one of the best yet!

1 comment: