Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Free beer? Now I know the answer!

Do you ever have one of those moments where for no reason at all you've just had the best time? I have these moments often. And the reasons they are so amazing very so much it's hard to pinpoint the specifics.
Well, last night was one of those amazing moments. Some pals and I discovered an incredible trivia place a few weeks ago (by accident). We were starving and the menu sounded okay. Well it turned into discovering the best burger I have ever had (seriously. I have since dreamed about it.) and Monday night trivia with the greatest (wackiest) host ever! We had a blast! Our team came in last, but we did get some points for creativity (good ones, too!). As we were leaving that place, we committed to bringing more friends the next time and hatched a plan for a birthday celebration.
And that brings us back to last night. It was S's birthday, so we coordinated a night out in her honor. It was the Seattle regulars and their spouses. 6 of us in total. Even before the games and food started, we were having a GREAT time. Laughing, catching up, hearing about Dude Ranch adventures, RV plans and so much more. It was fantastic.
And then the trivia started.
At first no one was entirely enthusiastic, but we got into it  and started winning points. K started to kick some serious ass and C started to get a little competitive (in a good way!). And we started to know answers. K and Suz had to leave (they have sweet old dogs to feed), but 4 of us remained. One thing to note about this specific trivia game is that in between the other rounds there are free drink rounds. You write on scraps of paper and run to the front table with your answers. It's silly (but awesome!). Well between C and Em, we won 5 of 6 "free drink" rounds! While perhaps not that awesome sounding, it was because we were dead last in the regular trivia. And I mean, dead last.
Throughout this silly trivia, we laughed so hard our abs hurt. Thankfully no one's pants split. (those in the know will appreciate that...). There were one-liners flying all over the place. Being a sober fly on the wall was amazing. We laughed the whole night.
We all walked away grinning from ear-to-ear and continuing to laugh. In fact, Em and I decided that a "bar trivia laughter" ab workout may be the next big thing.
In all, it was another great night out with my Seattle pals. I am loving all the fun plans and super fun, but it's just making it harder to leave. I fully expect that this rag-tag free beer trivia team will inform me of their future outings. I don't want to be left out. And I look forward to learnin what other "crap from the house" ends up in the next garage sale.

I will miss these moments more than I can express. And this was just a super silly trivia night.
Thanks for continuing to make memories with me, Seattle pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment