Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Passage of time.

I have this random vision of time being an ancient old man. I think it comes from Saturday morning cartoons as a kid. It's this really old man with a long beard and carrying some sort of staff and a clock. I also remember his twinkling eyes and rosy cheekc. Perhaps, it is a mix of Santa and Father Time, who knows?
Anyway, as a kid I always used to find it weird when grown-ups would say how fast time flies by and that I shoudn't wish away my youth. I never wished I was someplace else, but rather really looked forward to the next milestone (like every kid). To turn 10 and get a 10-speed bicycle. To finally turn 16 and get a driver's liscense. To turn 18 and get to vote (I was genuinely thrilled to vote!). To turn 21 and be able to legally drink at a bar! To turn 25 and be able to rent a car(why I was excited by this, I am not sure).
From there, everyone said it will all start to go downhill. I would not say things are headed downhill, but they are definately speeding up! I remember thinking the time between spring break and the end of the school year took FOREVER, now it's the blink of an eye.
Like things with this move seemed to be in slow motion as the decision was being made. Now I feel a bit like the exorcist when the heads spins around....things are flashing before my eyes. I have my life planned almost to the day between now and the 4th of July. It'll be here in the blink of an eye.
So much to do, so little time to get it done.
I had every intention to write in this blog 2-3 times per week. And I have NO idea what happened to last week.  I was BUSY. I was working with this work transition. I was traveling. I was playing with old friends.
Looking back over the last week, I have no idea what happened to time.
Looking past the last month, it gets even tirckier to find out where time has gone.
Maybe that twinkle in Father Time's eye was a knowing one. He knows things will fly by and it's our job to absorb and catch the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment