Friday, May 11, 2012

One more thing.

Today is 65 degrees. Sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Ferd would call this "abundant sunshine". In short, it is gogeous outside in Seattle today. All the mountains are out in spectacular force. Literally you could not ask for a better day.
I enjoyed an impromptu picnic lunch with some pals. And then decided to take my work on a traveling roadshow. The outdoor coffee shop.
I will be honest, I do not come here nearly enough. It has an incedible view of the canal located just at the base of my hill and offers plenty of sunny, outdoor seating along with the much coveted power outlets. Nothing short of a perfect secondary work location. But, like so many other things, I have not done this nearly enough.
As I sit here and check things off my to-do list, I am less distracted than in my home office. I can enjoy the spectacular sunshine. Periodically people watch. And hear the sounds of boats constantly in motion (and see them if I look up).
So, today on this gorgeous day, less than 2 weeks before I say goodbye, I am taking it all in. Absorbing the people and the place.
And I am sad. For the first time since I made the decision to move, I just got really sad.

I am sitting at this outdoor cafe, listening to chatter from a passing boater. Listening to the breeze through the leaves of the trees. Smelling the lilacs. Surrounded by mountains.
And my heart is heavy.
Tears prick at the corners of my eyes. My nose is getting runny.
I know this is truly such a positive decision. I know it deep in my heart of hearts.
But  today I am a little sad to leave this place I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment