Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My little victory!


Today I was out running some quick errands (to grab food since I cleaned out everything in my fridge already) and parked in a street- parking space. There was a sign that stated “no parking within 30 feet” on the stop sign in front of me. I assessed and decided I would be just fine for the 5 minutes it would take for me to run in and grab lunch. Well, as I was walking out of the restaurant there was a parking enforcement guy writing me a ticket. I approached and asked why he was writing me a ticket. (I was nice because let’s face it, they get beat up a lot I am sure!)
 He answered, rather rudely, “read the sign! No parking within 30 feet”.
I replied- "right, I saw that. This car is more than 30 feet from the sign."
He argued that it was not and handed me my $50 ticket. I told him that the car was most certainly parked more than 30 feet away (channeling my inner Buzz Buzz). He replied—"well, there’s no way to prove it and based on my experience this car is less than 30 feet away."
I then asked him (as nicely as I could without sounding sarcastic)- "if I can prove it will you revoke my ticket?" 
He agreed.
And I pulled out my measuring wheel. J

I was parked 34 feet from that stop sign.
I got a rousing round of cheer from the construction dudes nearby.
And saved myself $47.

Thanks, Komen, for my measuring wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment