Thursday, May 24, 2012

Phase One: Complete!

Phase One is complete.
I am officially moved out of Fremont and moving into my month of being a nomad.
Yesterday the movers came and put all the boxes into the cubes.
The final total: 59 boxes. plus all my furniture! Half way through the guy in charge talked to me about what I might be willing to not take with me. I have to say, I got a little nervous but immediately found homes for the stuff and decided a trip to Ikea (with my fav buddy, of course) would be in order once I found my new home on the other side. (Likely that is in order anyway!). But there was no need to leave anything behind. In the end, everything fit.
Today they picked up the pods to place into storage until my destination is determined.
As I was driving away from my little cottage, my heart got a tiny bit heavy. And I got a little nostlgic. I have had an incredible two years in my little place. I have loved my time in Seattle. As I have said in previous posts, I love the vibe of the Pacific Northwest. It will remain a part of me for the years to come. Since I will be back in a few weeks and have a few more nights, I am not yet willing to officially say goodbye. I know it is coming and am ready but I am not ready. Not today.
Today is a day to be excited that the first step of this process has gone so smoothly. Today is a day to celebrate with my favorite West Seattle friends. I woke up this morning to a cutie 3-year-old and a large yellow lab. The little lady calling me - "Dress- ica" and asking when we could have the fancy cupcakes for breakfast. It was a delightful way to start the day. (the dog breath, not withstanding...yuck!).
Today, I will think good thoughts for the rest of the phases in this adventure.
Tomorrow, I fly to DC to find a new home. (I have found one and fallen in love, I just need to make sure the landlord finds me to be the best fit. I do come with incredible references!). Then I will spend a week learning the city and the ins and outs of the events I will plan there.
June 4, I return to my temporary place in West Seattle for a few more nights. Spend time with pals, finish my class, and tie up any loose ends. I will pick up my adventure buddy on June 6 and June 7 we will depart for the east coast.
While Phase One is completed, I am unsure how many phases there will be in this process. I am happy and relieved to have completed the first one of many and I look forward to what lies ahead.
Fingers crossed for a successful next set of phases (however many there may be!).

No comments:

Post a Comment