Saturday, October 27, 2012

Adventures with Flat Sanley

Last week, my friend Chase (from Phoenix) sent me Flat Stanley to take on a tour around my town. He and his mom thought I might be able to show Stanley some of the super cool things that are part of DC.
Well, unlike when in the midst of planning, I have not made it to the downtown area much this week. And I figured trips to the oil change place, grocery store, and pharmacy are not exactly what they had in mind when they sent Stanley to me.
So today I decided to take Stanley down to the National Mall to have a little fun.
Here are some pictures from our day--
FS arrived!

FS deciding whether he needed a coat or not...

I heart DC.

FS and a real army guy!

FS @ The World War II Memorial

View from the Lincoln Memorial back to the Washington Monument
View looking back to the Lincoln memorial from the WWII Memorial (across the reflecting pool)


Fans of FS! :)

@ The Korea War Memorial

@ the Martin Luther King, Jr Memorial

Looking across the Tidal Basin @ the Jefferson Memorial

FS and the segway tour group!

FS was a little sad to say goodbye to the President. ;)



After a fun-filled morning and early afternon walking around the National Mall, Flat Stanley came with me to see the Bedollas and their very good friends (the Weavers and their family). Katie is an extraordinary planner and had a whole Halloween party planned at her sister's house, including indoor trick-or-treating!



Evie the owl, Christine the candy-corn witch, and Maggie wearing my witches headband! (with FS)

Cute buns! I couldn't resist!

FS @ the party!
It was so much fun to take Stanley around!
I am looking forward to the day when the real guests come for a tour...

No comments:

Post a Comment