Thursday, October 18, 2012

This is bananas.

(10/12/12)
Out of control.
Today that is what I feel.
Utterly. Completely. Out. of. control.
I have never felt this on an event before. I feel like my adventures of herding cats is continuing to the on event experience. This is super uncomfortable. I do not like it.
Contacts and staff are calling asking questions I don't know the answers to.
It's day one and I have a full page of "make betters" for 2013 already. Not cool.
Some of this is that I'm still new here. Some of it is that plans were being made as close as one week out from the event. (not normal). And some of it is simply the city. Where else does one have to worry about diplomatic vehicles, embassies, or motorcades?
It's part of the new change and challenge of the area. I am up for it. And I know it WILL be better next year. Hell, it'll be better next event!
I just need to get this one under my belt. Survive. Follow-up. And be done.
From there, I will mvoe on to making it better. For me. And for those I am working with.
But for today, it is out of control. And I'm uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment