Monday, October 22, 2012

Heart Walk!

On Saturday I participated in my first ever Heart Walk. So fun to be at a walk and know that I was not in charge in any way. Delightful. I also scouted out some options for another event I am responsible for...it comes with the territory of my job. I am always noticing things that could have been done better, things that were done well, etc.

The Heart Walk is a special event for my family. Following my Aunt Chris's death, her daughter (my cousin E) started to walk in her memory. I can't remember the details, but I want to say she  was the top fundraiser for a few years in a row at the walk in GR. Now, it's a tradition. Her dad formed a team in Michigan two weeks ago and was also the top fundraiser! Sadly, it poured rain there so his team ended up being just he and his visitor from China (everyone else bailed the morning of...). But the weather in Baltimore was picture perfect. As Mags pointed out-- there's no clouds! beautiful day for a walk.

So, we arrived on time and checked things out, fed the ducks, Baby Sam had a snack, and we found E's pal and her kiddos and off we went.
We're not 100% sure how far we went but we know that we did not walk the full event. (In part I blame the human arrows. They were an epic failure....sorority girls may not make the best vols on a saturday morning...I'm just saying...). We rounded the bend and Mags hit her limit. So, we ended a little early and went to play at the fall festival!
Highlights included pony rides, Rita's custard, a hay maze and the Kaisa's Penelope fav from Seattle-- Casper babypants! So funny. I actually started singing along with the song and could not figure out why I knew the kids song. Seriously funny.

Fun on Friday night.

Christine and her new buddy.

The Finish Line- we saw it. ;)


Christine on her pony!
Maggie's first pony ride!

Watching the ducks.


Oh! And I met 'Mitt Romney'. Papa was pleased. ;)



 
Overall, we had a great day! And I was so very glad I could be there. We raised lots of money (thank you!), and had a wonderful afternoon living life. We have plans to make themed t-shirts. I'm already excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment