Thursday, October 18, 2012

Breathe in. Breathe out.

(10/16/12)
So this is what it feels like.
It's been awhile.
Breathing is easy.
I had forgotten what life feels like when it's normal.
I woke up today, after sleeping for 2 hours yesterday. (YES!!)
I grabbed the paper, read it cover-to-cover. Ate breakfast. Had two cups of coffee. Showered. Got dressed. And then sat at my desk for the day.
I didn't feel anxious one time while doing this.
And I realized it was the first time since May that I have been able to do that. (happy sigh.)
While I may have taken some time and done that stuff over the last 6 months, I have always had a nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach or the back of my mind that I had work to do and needed to staop messing around.
Today, I didn't feel that at all.
I woke up rested and able to breathe.
It was amazing!

So, now I can start to live here instead of exist here. I can visit all those museums. I can enjoy the rest of the fall. I can discover more than my 6 blocks. Meet some people. Get involved. (Maybe get a dog....I'm still thinking on that one, but the time to think on it is available).I can have weekly dates with my favorite little people and their grownups. I can play with the friends I already know. I can check out all the places on my ever-growing 'I need to check that out' list. I can breathe. I can be.
And I could not be happier about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment