Sunday, October 7, 2012

Moments.


There are moments in life that just don't make sense, but you know they happen for a reason.
Sometimes these can be life-changing, sometimes they're just friendly reminder moments. Just now I had one of those moments. Not a major life, but one of the friendly reminder kind.
I am finishing up some work (@ 11pm on  Sunday night) after working through most of the weekend.

Let's be honest, I am starting to get crabby. I still have one more set of things to do before I can call it a day.Crabby. In the background I have the TV on just for some noise. And just as I was about to hit my limit, a Susan G Komen commerical came on. And on it was my collegue Bridget. I wasn't watching tv but recognized her voice. It prompted me to rewind...and I watched as she told her story. My eyes welled with tears and I regretted getting crabby. I was reminded that I am doing work for an event that helps people like Bridget. The funds raised by this event make a difference. And that makes me feel like in a small way, I make a difference.

You can find more information about Bridget here on her blog: http://www.mybiggirlpants.blogspot.com/

Her story is heart-breaking. She is so brave.
So, thanks Bridget for reminding me that the work I do is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment